Monday 20 December 2010

Max out of hospital 17/12/10




Max got out of hospital on Friday, 2 days short of a months stay :)

Its been an incredibly tough time for the 3 of us, I really never dreamed we'd be back in this position a year on. I think with Max doing so well health wise I really thought we'd got off lightly with his CDH (even if he didn't eat) but we hadn't realised just how susceptible he would be to Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) which causes respiratory tract infections in children with other health conditions but also in healthy children.

Simon and I are feeling exhausted, excited to have Max home but still exhausted at the prospect of him having such major surgery again. Its hard to celebrate Christmas with everything I have going on in my head, I just want to fast forward to his operation date and get things moving, and then take him home to his own house and start again where we left off.

The flat we are in is ideal and I have tried to make it homely but its not home, I guess i'm feeling a bit low just now - to top things off Simon arrived home at lunch to find the house leaking from the front door and in the front room all over the carpet, furniture etc, its one thing after another!

Emma came down yesterday to help me out as Simon is back at work (when he's not cleaning or drying out the house!) - she was a massive help and let me grab a sleep today and made me my dinner of mince and tatties (was so tasty)....shes the best sister and kept my spirits up (or was that the wine???) :) My mum is coming down tomorrow so i'm looking forward to seeing her as its long days in the flat.

Time for bed whilst Max is still asleep.

K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment