Monday 14 February 2011

Max gets home











On the ward round yesterday the Dr was so pleased with Max's progress that he asked if we wanted to take him home on a 'pass'...'yes please'! As we have to be back tomorrow morning at 8am to see Max's consultant they did not officially discharge us so we were out by 10.30am and straight back to the flat. My folks had arrived on Friday night and they were delighted to see him back home on Sunday - I think everyone is in awe at how well he has done, including his mummy & daddy! My folks gave Simon and I a break on Saturday and mum and I went shopping whilst Simon went to the gym - dad stayed at the hospital and played with Max and he was fast asleep when we got back (thats Max and not my dad!).

Max's scar is healing really well, its probably about 4inches and is on the left hand side of his chest. It has paper stiches which will eventually fall off themselves so he won't need to go back to have them taken out. We are due back down again in 6 weeks to see his surgeon and thereafter every 6 months.

To add to his surprise recovery, he even started crawling on Sunday morning.
We are hoping to head back home tomorrow early afternoon, i'm so excited to finally have the last 13 weeks behind us and Max looking such a healthy and happy boy.

xx

Max with some animals at Kelvingrove Museum today - our first trip out together in over 3 months!

1 comment:

  1. Katie:

    Thanks so much for the words of encouragement on our blog! I added both yours and Ava's pages to my list of cdh fighters. Ava's mom has contacted me previously also! I do hope our story ends up as positive as either of yours.

    Over this weekend, I plan on starting at the beginning of your blog and reading my way through it. I have only had the chance to read the most recent updates so far.

    Thanks again for sending me your information. I love reading CDH success stories. It helps keep me POSITIVE!!

    Janna

    ReplyDelete